Over the last few weeks, I’ve spoken to about 10 people who were either turned down for jobs they applied for, missed out on promotions, or got let go from their jobs. 🙁
So I wanted to write a quick note for anyone else out there that might be currently going through the same…
Rejection sucks. I know exactly how you feel. In fact I wrote about one of my many rejections in a morning email on 5/3/2019. I was turned down for a position I was perfect for. I felt so crap that day.
But it’s been almost a year since then, and I can honestly say I’m glad things turned out the way they did. If I had taken that position, I’d be a different person right now, and I’m 100 content with who I am today. I’ve moved on to bigger and better things!
Rejection is temporary. The sucky feeling only lasts a little while.
What’s important is how you act in times of rejection. You can speed up the moving on process by doing these things:
1) Understand that rejection is rarely personal. You are still an awesome person with great skills.
2) Get as much feedback as you can, and think about how you can be better next time.
3) Apply those thoughts and changes to your efforts moving forward.
4) Don’t give up, slow down, or stop pursuing what you want.
5) Continue living your awesome life. You will look back and laugh at your situation later.
You are not alone.
Hang in there,