Happy Tuesday, and happy Summer Solstice!
Here are come cool things happening today:
- Today is the longest day of the year… Woohoo! 🥳 More daylight minutes to enjoy life!!
- The sun won’t travel across our sky in a straight line today… it will curve slightly. (Good to know for those sunbathing today, trying to get an exactly even tan 😎)
- The Alaska Goldpanners will host their 117th Midnight Sun Baseball Game at midnight tonight. The stadium doesn’t need lights because the sun will still be up!
- Although today has the most sunlight (in northern hemisphere) it is not the hottest day of the year. There’s a ~6 week lag as the earth continues to absorb heat and catch up with the sun, so in theory the hottest day of the year will be in 6 weeks. 🥵
- Today is International Yoga Day! Not really my cup of tea, but I might bust out some sun salutations this morning to support 🧘♀️
- It’s also National Selfie Day. 📸 A very important cultural event to celebrate excessive interest in oneself and practice doing duck faces.
Whatever you get up to today: Make it fun, make it memorable, and share your light with others ☀️
Yesterday we visited the California Science Center