Common sense says…
- don’t take your phone into the bathroom
- put phone away while driving
- no texting while at dinner table
- no screen time while trying to go to sleep
- don’t pull out phone while friends are mid-conversation with you
This might be common sense, but sadly, here’s what people actually do:
- take phone into bathroom while pooping/peeing
- text while driving
- text at the dinner table
- mindless scrolling while in bed, morning and night.
- interrupt friends while speaking to check apps or texts
I’m embarrassed to admit, I catch myself doing these sometimes.
But today, I’m making a change. It’s time to apply and live with more common sense.
Cell phones are great. But using them comes with a price.
This new year I’m going to be more conscious of that price – because sometimes the trade isn’t worth it.
Have a great day!
Ps. Would love to hear how you guys are cutting back screen time or what house rules you put in place.
From a reader, Kevin Smith: A shipwrecked boat here in Florida from Tropical Storm ETA… “A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor”. Thought it was fitting thought to end 2020.
Kevin’s also starting a photography hobby, you can follow his Instagram here 🙂