If you don’t have anything nice to say…
- Don’t say it.
- Write it in an email to yourself. File it for a few days then go back later and decide whether you still want to say it.
- Go for a long run and sweat out your frustrations.
- Force yourself to come up with something positive to say instead.
- Stop worrying about what others are doing and focus on what YOU are doing. You do you.
- Try and show empathy instead. (Empathy wins people to your way of thinking)
- If you don’t have anything nice to say… THINK before speaking:
T: is it True?
H: is it Helpful?
I: is it Inspiring?
N: Is it Necessary?
K: is it Kind?
The mean and negative things you say hurt people, close opportunity doors, and halt your progress in life. Conversely, happy and positive statements bring trust, build people up, and open more opportunity doors. Always be positive!
*Photo up top by Mark Mühlberger