“Happiness is an option. And misery is an option. These are both choices that you can apply to the same day’s events. Which option do you choose?” – Todd Tressider
– Today, start out with a smile. It’s a great day to be alive!
– Next, think up a nice comment to give your spouse or a loved one. (If you don’t have a partner currently, think of something you *would* say, then when you find that person one day you can tell them how long you’ve been waiting to say that to them 😍)
– Next, think of 3 good things that you’re looking forward to today. Big or small, it doesn’t matter. (For example, my car is being serviced today, and I have a new joke to try on the service man. It’s a tiny good moment, but I’ll be laughing all morning just looking forward to it.)
– Anticipate the challenges you have today. These aren’t “bad” things that are happening to you. Recognize that challenges will come up, and plan to have a positive attitude while you grit through them.
– If you have a spare moment today, text or call an old friend. Check in with them and keep the conversation uplifting and happy!
– While scrolling through your social media feed today… be aware of how you *feel*. If the news and messages get you down, take a break! Or try searching for only the happy photos and posts. Find 10 that make you happy and comment on those to encourage more of them.
Today will be a great day, if you choose it to be.
Coops slept in the kitchen last night. Probably cause my wife is making chicken broth and it smells so good in there!