For me, rest isn’t something that just happens. I have to plan to shut off my brain (and sometimes my phone) and break my usual thought routines.
– I’m replacing Facebook with a real book.
– Instead of reading the news, I’ll chat with real people and ask about their news.
– I’ll be taking a nap on the couch at some point!
– I won’t be checking any emails.
– I’ll be taking walks outside with Cooper and enjoying the fresh air.
Today I will invest in rest. Tomorrow’s problems can be solved- tomorrow.